Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

✰ Book Review ✰ "Shattered by Love" by CA Harms



SHATTERED BY LOVE
Author: C.A. Harms
Series: Scarred by Love, Book 3
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Limitless Publishing
~ SYNOPSIS ~
He was the one.

The man she wanted with all her heart. 

But it took years before Bree realized she deserved more then what Max was willing to give.

Max, was cocky and arrogant…

Too strong-headed to admit that he felt more for Bree than just lust. 

Then it happened… 

One devastating night, and it shook Max to his very core.

That’s when he began to see life in whole new way. 

Now he’s left to sort through the mess that he’s created. 

Will he be able to rise above it all and make amends with those he needs the most?

Or will the damage be irreversible and leave him longing for what could have been?

 ~ 5 Stars ~

Oh my gosh! Where to even begin!! This book blew me away – totally AMAZING from beginning to end! I’ve said this before and I will say it again, this is the type of series that gets better by the book. Really. Just when I think CA Harms has written her best work, she blows my mind yet again with her latest release! If you haven’t read any of the books in the Scarred by Love series, I highly suggest you do so. While they are all standalone novels, I would recommend reading them in order.

Shattered by Love was Max and Bree’s story. We first met Max in book one, Scarred by Love, since he’s one of Riley’s brothers (Riley is the heroine in that book). And well, he and the other brother, Tanner, were known as the playboys of the family. No woman would ever get them to settle down. Ever. Then in book two, Broken by Love, we got introduced to Bree, Max’s “friend”. But really to Bree, it was much more than that. She had fallen in love with him and while he sometimes let his jealousy get the best of him and went all caveman on Bree, he wouldn’t admit to having feelings for her. To say I was antsy to get my hands on their story would be quite the understatement.

“I love you, Bree. I’m pretty sure I have for a long time. I was just too big of an ass to face it. I’m done with games, I’m done with the bullshit. I want us.”

The accident. It took a life-changing moment for Max to open his eyes. I felt like I was at the edge of my seat reading that scene. The aftermath of everything made my heart ache for Max and all the pain he was suffering. His guilt, anguishI could feel it. CA Harms’ writing style is incredibly beautiful. She always allows me to connect FULLY not only with the characters, but their story. Suffice it to say that Max and Bree’s journey was an emotional one that made me feel. It’s as if I was experiencing everything with them, first hand.

“Max was the best form of addiction.”

Seeing Aubree and Max come together and grow as a couple was AMAZING! The character development was perfect – nothing felt rushed or dragged out. The book’s pace was great, in my opinion. If all that wasn’t enough, I absolutely loved the emotional angst throughout the storyline. It left me desperate to read more and more. And omg! CA Harms even threw in some suspenseful drama which literally made me feel like I wasn’t turning the pages fast enough. I CANNOT WAIT FOR TANNER’S BOOK – all I’m going to say about that!

“I, the ultimate playboy, had fallen in love.”

Max and Bree’s story is a beautiful and emotional journey full of ups and downs that will hook you from the very beginning. You won’t be able to resist it. I know I didn’t. I was captivated from the very first page until the very last one. FIVE BRILLIANT STARS!!! I HIGHLY recommend this book!









~ SCARRED BY LOVE SERIES 

SCARRED BY LOVE
Series: Scarred by Love, Book 1
~ SYNOPSIS ~
Riley thought she was in love. She thought she found the perfect guy until his aggressive behavior became too much to handle and she ran.

Becoming withdrew from the world and hiding from the chance of loving again. Having four older brothers and a determined best friend she had no choice but to stand strong.

Over time Riley was able to open up once again. She had no idea that the one person she needed was right under her nose.

She was guarded and hesitant when it came to bad boys...after all it was a bad boy that shattered her once before.

Zander wanted the girl from the party. He wanted to be near her even though she continued to push him away. He couldn’t let go of the gorgeous girl with those stormy eyes.


They both had secrets they kept hidden from one another. They found it easier to talk to others than to confide in each other. Riley begins to realize Zander isn't who she thought he was and falling for the sexy voiced Lead Singer/Guitar player may be just what she needs.

They struggle through hard times and learn to trust again. But will the love that grows be enough to hold them together or will the heartache they suffer drive a wedge between them forever.

They could be toxic to one another or they could heal the wounds that run deep within their souls.

THIS BOOK CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT AND IS MEANT FOR MATURE AUDIENCES


Read my REVIEW  here 





BROKEN BY LOVE
Series: Scarred by Love, Book 2
~ SYNOPSIS ~
Kate thought she and Carson had finally reached level ground. They had moved in together and were preparing for the arrival of their baby.

She never thought they would only be driven further apart by his withdrawn and distant behavior.

Carson had always had his freedom, and for a moment, he thought he could still live that life.

Only Kate needs more. She can no longer pretend that what he’s willing to offer is enough.

By the time Carson finally realizes that Kate deserves a better life than he’s been giving her, it may be too late.

He may have finally pushed her away to the point of no return…




Read my REVIEW➜ here 



Meet the author: CA Harms
C.A. Harms is like any other addicted reader. She enjoys happy endings and HEA love stories. She hasn't always been a lover of Romance and had once been addicted to a good Mystery. Just recently she has taken on a new liking and now is a full blown Romance novel addict.

She lives in Illinois and enjoys spending time with her husband and two children. You will always find her with her kindle or paperback in hand as it is her favorite pass time.

Social media links:



No comments:

Post a Comment